Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cold, Cold, Cold!

It was a very cold morning. The roads were what I call "slickery." My tires slid as I drove around corners and I dared not go too fast. The Little Guy and I went to the library while Hannah visited with Dr. Matt the Chiropractor. We also went to IGA and bought some pork chops and sauerkraut, a spiral cut ham, and some beef to put in my crockpot. This will make my mother happy. There will be dinner cooking at supper time and she will not wonder "what is going on here?"

I am not sure what happened to the laundry this week. Some of it has been resting quietly in laundry baskets, folded and waiting, while the last load shivered in the drier for three or four days, unfolded and wrinkled. The ten minute warm up cycle did not remove enough wrinkles to satisfy my mother who folded them for me. I didn't tell her how long they had been in the drier. She might think me an irresponsible housekeeper. There is another cold load in there now. I think I hear it calling me... Nah, I guess it isn't after all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Martha...I'm just having a wonderful laugh at your expense!! You paint such a great picture with your words...


    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I chuckled a little too. Hugs, you're doing a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a good thing to have dinner cooking at supper time! When it's not, those around always ask questions! ha.

    I always have that laundry problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happens to me too. Thank godness we don't have to go down to the river and bash the clothes on the rocks!

    ReplyDelete