Wednesday, January 12, 2011

S'no Joke

It should have been a snow day, but the little girls climbed on the school bus in spite of that and headed off to school. While Hannah played with the Little Guy, I helped Ben move and stack some of the firewood that was delivered yesterday. (It was in the process of being buried by the snowstorm.) I'd guess we moved and stacked a third to maybe almost half the pile. We'll have to find the rest when the snow melts.

I was scheduled for a meeting at the bank this morning but, due to extenuating circumstances, ended up staying home instead. James took my van to work and I did not have to fight traffic or brave the snowy highway. Truthfully, I didn't mind, I just hope we can get James' van unstuck later tonight. (Oops. Did I just say that? I wasn't going to tell... Well, at least I didn't post a picture.)

Anyway, while I helped Ben stack wood, my little "garden" grew by two. Simon and Lucas came to play while their daddy plowed driveways and their mommy cleaned a house. It was a noisy, busy kind of day, the kind I used to dread but now rather enjoy. When everyone had gone home and the house was quiet, Mom said it was no wonder she has hearing loss after babysitting for so many years. I didn't really think it was so bad and besides she does have the option of turning her "ears" off, or at least down a little.

6 comments:

  1. Watching the news today, and seeing all the snow in your part of the woods....Looks so cold. Glad you have lots of firewood.


    Today we have that great CA sunshine, and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The schools in these parts are so crazy. When I left for work, the roads were very slick and mostly unplowed. One of the neighbor boys was out waiting for the bus (it was late) and as I headed out with extreme caution, I saw the buses out there. It's almost like they think that calling a snow day is like claiming defeat! Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh, they can't hear, it's to loud, what did you say?? God gave us to them and now it's our turn to give back. love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Judi, and this should be done with a smile on our face and a song in our heart if at all possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We atarted with a 2 hours delay that quickly was upgraded to a complete snow day.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We proclaimed it a snow day here for Davin and I. We stayed in and played by the fire and it was lovely. It is also lovely to have noise in the house, though! Such a balancing act you have. Keeping everyone happy is a difficult job. Praying for you!! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete