Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Babysitter Test

When in the midst of childcare responsibilities I care not to leave the little ones in the charge of another, but once in a while circumstances make this necessary. Yesterday afternoon I had a bank appointment and left my little ones with Hannah (Mom was here too) who was responsible to finish lunch detail and put them all down for a nap. I would be gone close to an hour and it seemed a fairly easy task. All would have gone smoothly if not for "The Babysitter Test." (Click here to see not only this test, but the previous tests as well.)

I left the house at 12:40 pm and returned at 1:30 pm. In that time The Test had been administered and, in my humble opinion, passed with flying colors. It seems My Little Guy had an upset tummy after my departure and returned a portion of his lunch to the plate in front of him and down the front of his shirt as well. My only clue was the small pair of pants and shirt I found rinsed and hanging on the laundry bucket in my downstairs bathroom. The little ones had been tucked into bed, stories had been read, and the mess had been cleaned up. Hannah had recovered from the trauma and was sitting in my favorite, big chair working on school.

I am not quite certain as to why or how these tests are determined, nor why they often occur when I have stepped out for a moment or two, but I am grateful that my kids are brave enough to tackle the messy jobs and come up smiling.

1 comment:

  1. She's good! She will make a great mommy some day, if she wants to be one. My boys would've probably called me on my cel phone and said, "Mom, come back quick!"

    ReplyDelete