Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Deep Freeze

The "arctic front" has moved in. I thought it was cold enough this morning, but the mercury has managed to keep dropping throughout the day. It is now minus 2 degrees Fahrenheit and promises to get even colder before morning. I am somewhat curious what will become of school tomorrow. A snow day sounds perfectly wonderful, don't you think?

While James took Ben and Hannah out to church this evening, I stayed home with Mom. Although there is something intriguing about subzero temperatures, staying inside in this weather is much preferred, especially for over seventy women hooked up to oxygen tanks. Instead we ate some supper together and worked on a puzzle.

On one of my afternoon venture into the deep freeze in search of a small white dog, I decided to see if I could capture the cold on camera. The naughty dog was in the bushes at the front of the house and came out licking her chops. I suspect she has found a stash of "kitty treats" which I find absolutely repulsive!

4 comments:

  1. We're having that exact same weather! I cannot believe the thermometer! Brrrr. It's not windy here though, which helps a lot if you have to be out in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad dog indeed! bundle up, wear socks to bed, hummm Ma won't get up in the night to check the fire will she? worry, worry, that's my job, I can even invent problems for friends to have so I can worry about that. Seriously though.. and a positive note, she doesn't live alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Martha....burrr I can't even imagine how cold minus 6 is!!!

    And you little dog out in it.... what a trooper.

    The pictures you got of the deep freeze are great..

    I think Bethany is going to enjoy her stay in CA... if only for a short time, I'm so in hopes the weather holds and she gets lots of sunshine. And yes, she can meet Aunt Trula.

    ReplyDelete