Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Darlin' Clementine

The weekend has flown by. There was just a little bit of cleaning on Saturday morning, a trip to Webster to visit the bank and a few stores, some grocery shopping, and a sledding party for Ben and Hannah. I made 3 pizzas Saturday afternoon and we ate one of them for supper. Josh came to stay overnight and I played "The Marble Game" with James and Hannah.
This morning I was awakened from a deep sleep by a knock on my bedroom door and a voice that said, "Josh threw up in his bed." (I thought having grandchildren was supposed to be fun...) I hopped out of my warm bed to assess the damage and found it not as bad as I had feared. No chunks. Hannah had changed the boy's shirt and he was downstairs. James had gone down too and I supposed there wasn't much I could do with a soggy-ish bed in the dark, so after rolling up the sheet and washing my hands I climbed back into my warm bed.
When the time came, Grandpa (aka "James") opted to stay home from church with the now smiling boy, feed him cinnamon toast, and play trains. I took Grandma, Ben, and Hannah to church where we met up with Dave and Leta. I hugged my favorite daughter in law who had some exciting news to share... (Wouldn't you like to know what she told me?) Josiah came to church too, and after church I found that Beth and Adam were there. (They didn't know "the boy" was home with Grandpa.) Rachel and my nephew Steven came to visit Grandma in the afternoon, and Nate and Sabrina came to eat with us and share a rare visit. (It was a busy place, but I had two pizzas left to share. Joe liked that.) I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies as a thank you for Dr. Matt who has been adjusting Hannah's back and neck for her, and then we headed back out to the evening church service.
Tomorrow is Monday. My little friends will arrive, we will wait at the bus stop, eat animal crackers and pretzels, and play blocks. I will pluck climbing children from dangerous places, wipe boogers from runny noses, and change a few dirty diapers. We will share Clementines. Maybe Andrew will peel them for me. If she's lucky Sofie might even get a section or two... maybe.

PS. I had Hannah to the doctor Friday morning because she's been feeling lousy for the past couple weeks; headache, nauseous, and generally blah. I got to thinking she might have mono and she was tired of feeling yuck. The doctor was thinking mono too but did a strep test first. It came back positive?

2 comments:

  1. Does your doggie need a lot of hair cuts? She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but she doesn't like them at all.

    ReplyDelete