Wednesday, January 05, 2011

ABC Wednesday- Letter Y

Y is for youth. (We're almost done with the alphabet! Can you believe it?)

My husband and I married young. You might say we "robbed the cradle" since we were both just seventeen. Ours has been like any marriage. We've had our struggles and moments of joy. We've had a house fill of young 'uns, a good share of pets, and plenty of noise and mess. We've grown up together and hopefully, we'll grow old together.

Some folks say teenage marriages are doomed to failure, but I wouldn't trade mine for anything. (Not today anyway...) All marriages take plenty of work and lots of sacrifice. And, with God's help we can survive. I know it is only by His grace that we have and will.



To see the other participants in the new round of ABC Wednesday, click here!

10 comments:

  1. Great post for the Y Day! Sounds as though you've had a great life together with still much more to come! Hope your week is going well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie, and it was you that robbed the cradle,but I won't say why. ;)
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Impressive. Most marriages of young people cannot survive the changes people of that vintage inevitably go thru. So congrats.

    .ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post. You sure have been through a lot together, and what a great bunch of kids you have raised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. James, I hardly think two weeks makes a significant difference. And yes, you were a cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree!! I absolutely understand teenage marriages are not ideal, but I would not trade mine, either:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Marriage is difficult enough for "adults" (people who can vote, and drink legally) never mind for teenagers. Good for you, both of you.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do you mean he was a cutie, isn't he still?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late in commenting...had the boys..

    Love your picture, and your teenage marriage. You two are just adorable and I'm so glad we met in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seventeen! And most people today think we married young -- I was 21.

    ReplyDelete