Tuesday, February 01, 2011

C is for Cookie

C is for Cookie! It's good enough for me! (I bet you were expecting something healthy like cantaloupe or cranberries...)

One of my favorite childhood memories is helping Mom make cookies. I got to dump, stir, sift, and grind walnuts. There was nothing better than a batch of warm cookies waiting on the counter.

Everyone loves cookies! My longtime favorite cookie is molasses, the kind rolled in sugar with crinkles, or cracks, on top. Oatmeal is another favorite, the chewy kind with raisins and a little coconut baked in. I can almost believe they are good for me! Peanut butter cookies are great to make with small children who like to criss-cross the tops with a fork. Of course we like cut-out sugar cookies at the holidays and sit around the table frosting them and sprinkling them with colored sugar, jimmies, or non-pareils. But everyone's most favorite cookie of all is the chocolate chip cookie. That needs no explanation. Would you like a glass of milk with that?

Click here for more of ABC Wednesday Round 8.

15 comments:

  1. Martha I was surprised when I opened your ABC Wednesday, as this morning I made peanut butter cookies, and chocolate chip cookies to send a care package to a friend in Texas. (Single and doesn't bake)

    You cookies look yummy, and yes milk please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies have me salivating. I like milk with cookies but coffee also goes well with them (for the adults that is).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha

    One of my favorite childhood memories is eating cookies! Now that I think about it, one of my favorite adult memories is eating cookies! :-)

    God bless and have a great week :-)

    ~Ron
    *******

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, will you send me a hard copy of the photo of the trees? That was a spectacular shot. Do you still have lots of snow and is this NW blizzard going to hit the area there? Stay warm and safe! Love ya all......

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right. Everyone likes chocolate chip cookies. Your cookies look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would rather eat cookies than pie or cake or even ice cream, unless it were Baskin Robins' Gold Medal Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm. my favourite is ginger snap dunked in coffee;messy but tasty!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann, I will see what I can do about sending you some pictures. I love you! Have a cookie with that cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree everyone loves cookies and everyone has favorites. Mine is choco chips ^)^. Thanks for the visit!
    ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate chip (homemade) is my favorite, too. Now I'm hungry!
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well thanks, Martha...I can keep out of Wegmans, but now I can't even go into the kitchen because now I want to make cookies! "Cookie cookie cookie cookie starts with C!", (Cookie Monster) I like oatmeal chocolate chip, with perhaps some craisins and white chips too. And chocolate chip cookies with walnuts, although my kids wouldn't help me eat them if I did that.

    della

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who can resist a cookie. Your post reminded me of my friend who has a special recipe which she tries to convince me (and herself) that the ingredients are so wholesome that its not a cookie but an essential food group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice for C! I love cookies - almost any kind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect cookies! You've got my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete