Tuesday, January 25, 2011

He Knows

Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.
Hebrews 12:12-13

There is nothing quite like the voice of God to take one's focus off self and onto others. I have continued to struggle with my thoughts and feelings of late. They aren't what they need to be and I am hurting only myself, yet I can't seem to get past them and on to where I should be. As I looked at Jasmine's zigzag pattern of tracks through the yard yesterday, I thought it just a little like me. Not quite sure where I'm headed, tending to shift my focus often, and stumbling headlong as I go. I'm glad God knows how to gently shift my gaze back in the right direction without knocking me over.

I left a very short note for an old friend this afternoon, actually she is more of an acquaintance and I haven't had any contact with her for years. I was surprised to find a return message, one asking prayer for a hurting heart. God knows His children. He knows when we need a shoulder to cry on or a word of encouragement. He sends His love and care packaged in the words or touch of a fellow child. I have had Him touch me in such a way and have found Him use me when I least expected it. Tonight "J" is on my heart. I pray the Lord will wrap His loving arms around her in such a way that she feels His unmistakable presence and finds comfort in His touch.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for your friend J also!

    I love the way you can share your honest thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete