Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Bloggy Birthday to Me!

It is a little hard to believe that tomorrow morning I will be celebrating five years of blogging. I was sure it was going to be just four, but when I went back and counted again I realized this is the year 2011 not 2010. Sorry just four candles on this cake...

My first post was short and sweet. I had no idea where it would take me and the wonderful friends I would meet.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 Getting Started
"My name is Martha and I was born and raised in upstate NY. I live out in the country and am surrounded by apple orchards and farmland, no where near New York City, in fact I've never even been there. I have a wonderful husband and a whole bunch of great kids! I've never tried a Blog before and I'm not quite sure exactly how this will turn out. It looked like it might be fun, so here I am."

I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed the blogging journey. My only regret is that I actually deleted a few of my earliest posts and found myself initially rather reluctant to converse with total strangers.

Life now is in many ways much the same as when I first began and yet in many ways vastly different. I have gone from having four children living home to just two, I have become *gasp!* a grandmother, and filled my house with daytime "flowers." I have bid a tearful goodbye to my dear father and had my mother move in with us. I've met some of my wonderful blog friends in person, exchanged cards and gifts with others, and lifted your names in prayer. I have been blessed by your encouragement, helped by your advice, and found myself smiling (or laughing out loud) while reading your stories and experiences. Thank you for being a part of my life!


10 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Congratulations! It is a wonderful community, isn't it? What ever did we do before the internet? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I have loved keeping in touch with you through the last few years through our blogs!! Very excited that I will be able to keep in touch with you face to face now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Martha ~ Congratulations!! I can't imagine life without Martha. We have met so many wonderful friends, and share so many stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bloggy Birthday!
    You got me wondering so I had to check... I'm just 3 months behind you, but I'm sure you've posted MANY more times than I have! I don't remember when I first started keeping up with your blog (probably about a year after you started, when I joined the drawing blog), but am sure glad I did! And now, even though we haven't met (yet), it's a privilege to consider you a friend and sister in the Lord. Looking forward to lookin' up with you for many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Martha! Yes, time flies...
    I think of you often... your plant is on my kitchen window sill ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blog birthday! I love your blog - so full of beautiful photos, so full of wise words, so full of God honouring honesty, and so full of encouragement.

    Thanks Martha - I'm glad to have found your blog a few years ago, and thankful for what lessons you have taught me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were one of the bloggy friends I thought of when posting this Ruth because I have "known" you almost the entire time. You, and Tracy, and T.

    ReplyDelete