Monday, August 28, 2023

Little Bites

 * We had a great meeting last night (Sunday) with newfound family members. A previously unknown uncle of my children was discovered about 5 months ago. This past weekend he and his wife came to meet us. It was very cool. 

* I saw my friend Aria again this afternoon. She gave me another hug and introduced me to her sister. They are very close in age, they are not twins, and yes, they are sisters. I knew about the sister, but had never met her previous to today.

* I went to the lake this evening and someone who loves me came looking. It was my son, Nathan. I was picking beach glass from the shore and suddenly there he was, sitting on a rock behind me. I kind of love when my kids come looking for me.


6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the ending of your post.
    You definitely are loved.
    Wow to meeting an unknown uncle. We had that happen to us about a year ago. Met a niece that all the cousins had never heard of. At first it was very difficult for the family (on both sides) but now things are good.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to find my boy sitting there. I was definitely feeling the love.
      And families... It came as a shock to the uncle, who was raised an only child, to find out he has a brother and seven nephews and nieces. His wife cried when we met. They seem very sweet. Hopefully next time there will be a meeting with his brother, although they did speak by phone.

      Delete
  2. I don't think there is anything more special than that. You can just see the love on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Sweet Nathan!
    Hope it was a good visit!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it involves my kids it's always a wonderful visit. :0)

      Delete