Saturday, August 26, 2023

Exhaustion Takes Over

It's been a long month and especially the last few weeks. The tension and fatigue, along with a ragweed allergy, finally caught up with me. I would have taken a nap on my lunch break yesterday, but my car was getting new tires and, although the break room couch is comfy, I knew I would never fall asleep on it my first week on the job. I walked to work in the mist Friday morning, soldiered through a day of toddlers, and went home with a headache that turned my stomach. I went straight to bed even though I didn't go right to sleep, and I stayed there until late this morning. Fearful of the virus, I took a test but it came back negative. Decongestant, nasal spray, and rest have alleviated most of the symptoms. I think I'll be fine by tomorrow morning, especially if I can get a good night's sleep.

I was surprised when I left the toddler room yesterday to see a small familiar face walking into a nearby classroom. It was Aria, one of my little friends from the other daycare. I was blessed to give her a hug and tell her I love her.

It's been a low key kind of Saturday. Beautiful, sunny skies and mild temperatures. Just the way I like it.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better today, Donna.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. So glad you are feeling better. So much new and trying to get all your ducks in a row can do that to you. Once in a while the Lord just drops a special treat into our lives..A hug from your "little" Aria did just that.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling so much better today. Not quite ready for tomorrow yet, but I'm sure I will be when it arrives. Sweet Aria. Yes, she was just what I needed. I came home and sent her mommy a Facebook message because we have been "friends" there for a few years now.

      Delete