Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday. My Last One

It's over and done. There was only one baby today, my newest. A sweet, little girl named Maddie. I could have gone home once the other baby teacher came in, but I decided to give others the option. I stayed for two and a half "lunch" breaks for others and left at noon. I sat on the floor with four year olds, stroked the head of a sleepy 18 month old, hugged the cook whose not-yet-born grandson will be at my new daycare and left. I almost went out the door without saying goodbye to the director. but was stopped by our assistant director who said, "Don't you leave without saying goodbye!" It was a bizarre day. 

I came home to cry and pack my bags for vacation. I didn't plan for it to fall into my schedule between jobs, but it feels perfect.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds like the Lord had a hand in those plans. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have planned it better if I'd planned it myself! So looking forward to putting my toes in the Atlantic.

      Delete
  2. Your vacation arrived at just the right moment, and ending and new beginnings upon your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, it came at exactly the right moment. It's pretty amazing.

      Delete
  3. God's plan...not ours.
    Enjoy your vacation!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, what Donna said. Enjoy your vacation to the fullest. Its going to be so refreshing to your body, soul and spirit.. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great holiday Martha! You deserve it for sure. Soak it all in and you’ll be ready for your new job! It will be lovely to be so close you can walk on nice days 🥰 ENJOY!!!

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been lovely so far! Perfect!
      Thank you!

      Delete