Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Progress

It was a productive day and I am relieved to see the progress we made on the attic bedroom today. I am ever so grateful to The Cabinetmaker for lending me his time and expertise. I took a personal day off work and together we put up a vapor barrier and hung several pieces of paneling on the ceiling.  It was a good day. My mind will be processing for days to come, and I am thankful.


My car was at the shop today for new rear brakes, a pricey repair, and while they were in possession of my vehicle I asked about the front passenger tire which has had a slow leak for the past few weeks. They discovered a nail in the tire and patched that up for me as well. I'm going to be slightly poorer for a little while. Ha ha!


Finally, to top off an already good day, I drove down to the lake and got my feet wet, not intentionally, of course. The lake is tricky and those waves just splash wherever they darn well please, usually on my feet when I'm not paying attention. It was a good reason to toss my sneakers (tennis shoes) into the wash when I returned home.

9 comments:

  1. It so blesses my soul to see you having a"good day". Yeah! It great that the Cabinetmaker helped you get your little space fixed up some more. Thats progress. Oh cars, they are so expensive to repair!! I love your time at the lake. Beautiful shot. And clean tennis shoes...Yes, a good day!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good day. Lots of progress. The car is good too. God knows exactly what I need and I am not only thankful for His never ending care, but His love for me as well. The lake is just the icing on the cake. (Ha ha! A poem!!!)
      I love you too!

      Delete
  2. ...progress is a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, progress is good. I am in favor of progress.

      Delete
  3. Hello! New here and I really am enjoying reading your blog!
    I'll be returning!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to meet you, Donna. I'm glad you stopped by.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. Martha~ You will love Donna's blog. She is new to me too and very delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must endeavor to read more blogs. It's hard to work and keep up with everyone. I will be stopping at Donna's blog soon.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful day to me. Glad you are making progress on your room. It will be so good when completed. I do miss going to our Lake..its 2 hours drive from our house and our OLD car just won't do the trip I'm afraid.
    Cars are our bane, aren't they?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete