Saturday, May 13, 2023

And That Was This Week

 It was a better week. Still stressful, but better. Fewer tears, less anxiety filled moments.

Chiropractor on Monday. 

Pottery class on Tuesday. I sat and watched. I didn't put any clay on the wheel at all. I left early, bought a Sprite at McDonalds and went to the airport where I parked in the short term lot and went to sleep. I was awakened at 10:30 pm by the sound of a chime. My phone informed me that my friend had arrived and I went inside to meet her at the baggage claim and then took her home.

Wednesday was an appointment with my therapist. There are times when I think I don't need to go, when all I do is ramble... And then there are others, like this week where I know the conversation has touched something deep inside. There are typically hard questions, a few tears, and heartfelt thoughts. I only wish I had been able to work through most of this years and years ago...

Thursday evening I went home. Hannah was working an evening shift so I went to the lake.

Friday I left work a tad early bringing my 3 hours of overtime down to 2 hours and 45 minutes. It would have been a fabulous evening for a woods walk, but I went to meet my cousins at man Haters Club, threw a couple of bowls, and glazed 5 or six others. I'm looking forward to seeing the results and enjoying the two I found fired and finished on the shelf last night.

Today I am meeting my sister at the memorial Art Gallery in Rochester. It's teacher Appreciation Day. We'll see if my work badge gets me in for free...


7 comments:

  1. ...Martha, I wish you a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I'm planning on having a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. That was a full week. Yes, like Tom I want to wish a lovely lady and dear daughter friend a Wonderful Mother's Day. You have blessed this world with lovely children and grandchildren. May God lift you up on Eagle's wings and hold you in the palm of His hand.
    Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every so often there is an extremely full week. I don't see the chiropractor every week, nor are my therapist appointments weekly, but I somehow manage to end up with an occasional week that is just packed!
      Thank you, my sweet Wanda Mom for the love and blessings. May your day also be filled with love, laughter, and the arms of those you hold so dear.
      Love and hugs to you too!

      Delete
  3. My goodness you hve had quite a week. Happy to hear about some breakthroughs and that you have kept yourself busy with things you like to do. That sure helps.
    You are a good Mom so I am wishing you a Happy Mom's Day too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a crazy one! Perhaps I will catch up with myself this next week, which has neither chiropractor nor therapist plans. Busy is a double edged sword. LOL! Healthy busy is good, albeit tiring.
      Happy Mothers Day to you, Sue! I hope it is a beautiful one!

      Delete