Sunday, May 07, 2023

Calm

Rain falls gently against the deck outside the sliding glass door. Birds are chirping evening lullabies and darkness begins to settle in. For tonight everything is calm and settled. A new week has begun. It was a beautiful weekend, packed with sunshine, springtime temperatures, and bursting colors. The trees are wearing clothes of all colors; lilac, magenta, white, deep purple, and green. There is nothing quite like a world awakening after a long winter.

April is over and my heart has begun to settle once again. Yesterday Gail and I went out to her cottage in Williamson and searched the shore for glass and other treasures. I stopped at Bethany's house just before darkness fell and hugged 8 grandchildren. This morning I met Laura at church. Afterward we went out for breakfast and then I stopped at Bethany's all over again and hugged some more grandchildren, two of which I hadn't seen last night. I saw all my local grandchildren but one this weekend. (He was at the doctor's for a possible broken finger, except it wasn't.)

Prayers would be appreciated as work has been quite stressful lately. Thanks so much!

4 comments:

  1. ...spring is an exciting time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs are so healing I think, especially from grandchildren 🥰🥰 Just keep on putting one foot in front of the other and eventually you will walk into total happiness. You are doing well even though sometimes it doesn’t feel like it. My circumstances were different to yours….. I was widowed at 51 and thought my world had ended. Just keep looking forward ☺️☺️

    I don’t think I’ve ever seen that glass you have there on the beaches. It’s just so pretty. Our leaves are all out now and daffodils etc. No blossoms on the trees yet. I live in Alberta so a bit behind NY.

    Have a lovely day Martha 😊

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a new day, a new week and a new month. Just prayed for you that you will be able to step into this week with peace and joy. Those littles need your love and care.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to get out and about and hug on grandchildren. Will be praying for your stressful work situation. Perhaps you will have a good week!! I know in the middle of the stress those babes are loving your caring arms.

    ReplyDelete