Sunday, March 19, 2023

The Barn Collective

 The "other barn" from last week's drive down Old State Rd in Angelica, NY. (I played with the picture a little bit. Warmed it up a tad.) This one looks pretty much abandoned, it's square silo missing a cap and the windows boarded up or broken out. I desperately wanted to get out of the car and peer through the windows but resisted the urge.

This barn and the one I posted last week were likely standing when my father was a small boy 90 years ago. I wonder to whom they once belonged?

5 comments:

  1. ...I know this barn well. Your view from the north looking south is the most photogenic. When I shoot from that direction, I'm shooting in the sun which doesn't turn out well. The barn is so long that shots from the side only shows part of the barn. I haven't been to Angelica sine the pandemics. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it's time for another ride to the southern tier.

      Delete
  2. Really love old barns and wish I could photograph them. Usually they are on some winding 2 lane road with no place to pull off and "snoop" so frustrating...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, do I know that feeling! So many barns I have to drive right past.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete