Friday, March 10, 2023

The Day in Three Parts

Part One- I went to work but when I arrived the coworker who unlocks the door was nowhere to be seen. I sent a text to my boss who called said coworker and discovered her phone had somehow been set to read nearly 5:30 am instead of 6:30. While we waited for her to arrive, another coworker and I let parents know she was running late. I offered to let a few kids wait in my car so their moms could get to work on time. One accepted the offer and two little boys and I waited together. Soon the besmirched coworker came speeding up the road. She was mortified. She was embarrassed. She was swearing. She was all apologies. 

Part Two- The police found my son's car today. The thieves, desiring only a momentary thrill, crashed it. This has been the practice regarding many stolen Kias and Hyundais. It's rather sickening.

Part Three- We're having another weekend winter storm. March never fails to deliver when it comes to a late winter blizzard.

4 comments:

  1. I'll bet that worker was mortified..I know i would be..Hard to wait at that hour of the morning.
    Sorry about your son's car. What's with the mentality of some?
    Batten down the hatches this weekend. We're suppose to have a huge rain storm too. I'm so over IT !!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was totally mortified. She kept showing us her phone with the wrong time on it.
      I don't understand the mentality of taking another person's belongings just for the sake of destroying it. So maddening.

      Delete
  2. Oh I hate to hear about your sons car. I drive a Kia Soul and I hate to hear that they are being stolen so often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a steering wheel lock. Get one as soon as you can.

      Delete