Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Start ... Stop

I've started a few new posts only to stop and never publish them. There's been a lot going on in my mind, but not much time to process everything, When thoughts come out chopped up and lumpy, rather than smooth and flowing (which sounds like vomit either way...), I have a tendency to drop them into the draft folder rather than hit the publish button.

Our little guy ended up in the hospital last week. He ate something that didn't agree with his system and couldn't stop throwing up. He lost all his color and his lips were blueish white. Hannah was freaking out inside while doing all the right things on the outside. She called the after hours number for the doctor, got hold of me (I was out with a friend in the village), and then they rushed off to the nearest emergency room. I stayed with Idris and got him on the school bus the next morning before going to work myself. 

After the hospital fiasco we were hit with the stomach bug. For some unknown reason I am typically able to fend off these illnesses without ever puking. My stomach was "off" but I didn't actually get sick. 

On Friday I made a visit to a new doctors office, the second in a month's time. My old doctor's office knocked me out of the practice for not having an appointment for over three years, so I returned to a practice in the village of Webster where I submitted blood work and then had a physical on February 6. A week ago a friend suggested he was not a very reputable physician and suggested another practice. Since she had once worked for the other doctor, I took her advice. The new office has a much better feel. I am getting my medical records in order, and scheduling appointments and overdue tests.

The upstairs bedroom is not finished yet. The insulation has been replaced but we have yet to purchase paneling. 

The mind is still tumbling... I still have blogs to write but they're still "cooking."

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on that could set your mind to tumbling as you said, hospital and doctor visits and changing doctors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When one has let their medical care lapse there is a lot to get in order. The mammogram is done (last one was 19 years ago...) so I can check that off. No issues there.Colonoscopy is somewhere in the not too distant future, unless I chicken out. ha ha!

      Delete
  2. There is a lot going on, and blogging can be difficult in these circumstances - I have been in the same bind! Good luck with the new doctor, so important to keep getting our tests done. So sorry about the little one rushing to hospital, it is so very frightening. Lovely photos of leaves, snow and sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for a nice walk on one of my favorite trails over the weekend. I thought it would be good for my blood pressure that was just slightly elevated on Friday. I'm doing the tests. The mammogram was easy. I did that before leaving the office building Friday. I have a referral for the "other" test, and will make a visit to my GYN tomorrow.

      The little one is back to his normal, crazy self, if those two words work in the same description. Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Scary times when our grands get sick. Hope you are feeling better too and keep plugging along. Hope your attic gets the new paneling soon so you can be comfy and done with that project.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scary, yes. I try not to let my mind spin. I did pray the doctors would decide a spinal tap was unnecessary and Killian put up a big enough fight that they decided not to do it. I am feeling fine, no more rumbling in my tummy, no more little cramps. That's about all I ever felt. I think I'll order the paneling this weekend and have Lowes drop it off at the house.

      Delete