Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Stuff, Just Stuff

Emotional. Not sure if it's because I've drastically reduced my carb and sugar intake, the lack of sunshine, or something else weighing on my heart and mind. There are certainly a number of things it could be...

Tomorrow morning I will rise early and head off to Bethany's house like I did in November when she was sick in the hospital, but this time she is not sick. Our sweet Henry is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning and I will go to stay with my other grandchildren while Beth and Adam are together at the hospital waiting for Henry. (Prayers are appreciated.) I haven't been to Bethany's house since Christmas and am feeling a little out of the loop.

I'm also grieving the loss of my shelf at the pottery studio, even though I haven't been there enough to warrant paying the rental fee. This tells me I will be back in the studio one day, and probably not too very long from now. 

Sunday is Valentine's Day. This could throw me off a tad too, so I just connected with a friend and we have plans to meet for breakfast after church. I feel better already! Ha ha!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for acting on your need to not be alone on Valentines Day. Breakfast with a friend after church is perfect.
    Prayers for your time with the Grands and for Henry's surgery. It's so difficult when its the babies in the hospital.
    Hugs for you. I pray that the Lord will fill your days with laughter and special memories with the grands.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all relieved that the surgery is behind us and are praying for many healthy, happy years ahead.
      Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Prayers for your family Martha. Surgery for a little one is extra hard on parents. Blessings to all of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read on facebook that Henry's surgery was successful! Yeah, praise God. Be sure to have some sugar and sweets on Valentine's Day.
    Hugs and candy kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I hope that your day went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. It was a very nice day. We visited the Coal Tower Restaurant in Pittsford and had a wonderful breakfast.

      Delete