Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Oh, My Heart!

 A week ago my little grandson had heart surgery. He was born in April with two holes in his heart, and although the doctors were hoping they would close up on their own, they did not. As scary as having the surgery was, not doing it was more frightening.

Henry was a champ and the surgery went perfectly. The trouble cam when he was being weaned off the sedative. Apparently one of the rare side affects of this particular sedative is seizures. Thankfully, his watchful mom noticed and alerted the doctors.

It's been quite the week for Bethany's family. Not only has Henry been away, but Bethany has been away with him the majority of the time. (I've encouraged her to be there for Henry, just like she would for any of the others should they have to be hospitalized.) Adam has been holding things together at home and I'm sure has a renewed appreciation for all Beth does around the house. 

Henry is sporting a great new souvenir; a fantastic zipper scar! He looks just like a stuffed doll now, only much cuter. 

Today he's feeling good. Good enough to pull himself to a standing position. Just look at that smile! He'll be going home in no time. This picture makes my heart happy.



4 comments:

  1. ...thanks for the better news. I share Henry's name as my middle name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so blessed to share. Here's hoping he gets to go home today, or maybe tomorrow.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. It makes my heart happy too. When our babies are in distress so are we.
    God is good and He sure put a smile on Henry's face.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete