Friday, February 05, 2021

A Loud Silence

It's been five and a half years since the pieces clicked into place and my life fell apart. (Yes, I do know that sounds like two opposite things, but it happened simultaneously.) It's taken this long for me to realize that complete silence doesn't help anyone, myself included. So I posted a meme on Facebook and got a little flack. 

One friend said, "This type of public outing is one of the problems with Facebook - very sad..." and another couple agreed. 

Thankfully, many others were supportive, with the biggest supporter saying, "How about if you don’t like the post then keep scrolling and keep your uninformed opinion to yourself. Because I am sure in order to make these kinds of comments that you are gravely uninformed on the situation."

Our situation, though heartbreaking, is far too common. It is the silence surrounding it that is most damaging. And it's not as though I put all my cards on the table... The most interesting thing to me about the reactions is that the meme is all about me with only a somewhat vague reference to the actions of the other individual. It really could have referred to any number of things. *sigh*

Sadly, there are repercussions to abuse and one of them is that the secrets won’t be silent forever. And that is almost as frightening to me as anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for being honest and transparent.
    You are deep into healing and I know that the Lord is with you every step of the way.
    You are loved by the only One that can love perfectly.
    I love you too..you are beautiful both inside and out.
    Keep on keeping on
    Sue

    ReplyDelete