Sunday, January 31, 2021

Out and About for a Bit (Post #2)

 It's been a frigid week. Before going off to church this morning, I took a hammer and knocked the chunks of ice buildup behind my front tires off into the driveway. My sister Rachel was excited about the ice she knew was collecting along the lake shore and wondered if I would like to go out and take some pictures with her after church. 

We started at Webster Park where just two weeks ago I collected a handful of beach glass. Today any beach glass was buried under a layer of ice and snow. 


We had also planned a trip to see our brother and take him out for a ride. Because he has difficulty getting in and out of vehicles, we took my little SUV. It was a disappointing ride. He gobbled down the snacks we brought and promptly went to sleep. He didn't even complain when we stopped for pictures of the bison.

Before heading home, we took a ride to Sodus Point and were surprised to meet up with Tom The Backroads Traveller. Rachel had already struck up a conversation when I came around the front of the car. "I know you," he said, and he was right. It's been a while now since we fashioned Christmas wreaths in his barn and I almost didn't recognize him, which is funny because I am often running into people I know. This is the first time Tom and I have chanced to cross paths whilst out gallivanting.



Sodus Point did not disappoint us this afternoon. It was also robed in ice and snow and quite enchanting.



6 comments:

  1. ...it's great to hear that that you and Rachel had good, but bitterly day! You hit the jackpot when it came to the buffalos, most times when I go there they too far back in the field! It sure is a small world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a small world!
      It was a wonderful day.

      Delete
  2. I'm shivering just looking at your last photo. Brutal winds and snow but oh so beautiful.
    How nice to meet up with Tom too.
    Even though your brother slept it's good you got a chance to be with him.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped that the sun was shining and it wasn't snowing.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. What a fun adventure! I've been to Sodus Point in the winter too, it's rather breathtaking, brrr! Well, I'm sorry that Tim took a nap, but it seems he enjoyed himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lake is altogether lovely robed in ice and snow. The roads? Not so much. Ha!

      Delete