Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Not Much Happenin' and Too Much Happening Too

I am not exactly sure what is happening in the world, but it feels a bit like it's been knocked off its axis lately. Like it's wobbling to and fro... All we can do is pray, love our neighbors, and hold on tight. (Oh, boy.)

I came home from work absolutely exhausted Monday afternoon and fell into one of those deep, deep sleeps. Maybe because I didn't sleep so great on Sunday night? Or was it Monday night I didn't sleep?  A little nap goes a long way. A long nap? Those are heavenly.

I attempted to clean out my "dungeon" yesterday afternoon, but then it started to rain, so I left my shop-vac and garbage box in the garden house and headed back to the garage. The dungeon will have to wait and so will the dragon. (I kid.) When I got rained out of cleaning the dungeon, I called Bethany to see if she had any beer... She found one old and lonely bottle in her fridge, left from a January party. I took a ride to retrieve the bottle of beer and snuggle my Henry. Back home I poured the beer into tuna fish cans and set them down into my flower garden. I'm hoping to catch the hungry slugs that have been devouring my marigolds. No luck so far. maybe they don't like beer.

This morning I woke up to a strangely quiet bedroom. My alarm was sounding, but my fan and air conditioner were silent and still. The light did not work. Fearing I would fall back to sleep and be late to work, I got up, used the pitch black bathroom, and headed back upstairs to dress without showering. There was no checking the internet. There was no making coffee. What could I do but leave early, find a coffee along the way, and arrive at work 20 minutes early?

At the suggestion of a friend, I've renamed my garage "The Veranda." Sounds fancy and fun, even if there is nothing fancy about it. Ha ha! My garage door screen have arrived. They have arrived in doubles and not just because there are two garage doors. Oy vey! The pair awaiting me at Home Depot will need to be returned. I already received a pair at the house. And yes, I've been charged for both.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, hope your electricity is back on. Glad your alarm worked though. Hard to get ready in the dark but it sounds like you did it.
    Hope the slugs will be "dead drunk" soon.
    sorry about the screens but it will be delightful to sit out in your Veranda without the flying critters.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The electric went back on before Sergio left for work. Probably not long after I pulled out of the driveway.
      Still haven't seen any slugs. Perhaps they are teetotalers...
      Screens are hung. Love them!

      Delete
  2. Life...it just keeps happening!!! Sorry to hear you are a bad influence on you snails...introducing them to beer. Why waste a good bottle...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the slugs and snails have outsmarted me. Ha ha! hey apparently aren't party animals.

      Delete
  3. I love that not much is happening, yet so much is happening, you nailed the essence of life. You calling Bethany and asking for beer almost shocked me, it sounded so out of character, but now it makes sense ha. I love "The Veranda", it's like my deck, "The Treetop Bungalo". A nice shady cool place sounds lovely. I grew up in a neighborhood where lots of people used their garage for a living space. We certainly played in ours a lot, good memories, and I can still feel the refreshing coolness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany found my voicemail quite hilarious. Mom asking for a beer? I do enjoy a hard apple cider once in a while, and though I tasted the beer out of curiosity, I am still not impressed. "Tree Top Bungalo"! That is fabulous!!! Wanda has a Tree House too. I'm enjoying "The Veranda" a little more each day. I have big plans. ha ha!

      Delete
  4. I think you need lots of fairy lights in The Veranda. Maybe go to Ollies and get an outdoor carpet, you can get them for under $20. (keep us updated!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea! Hannah and I will need to go for a drive.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. Your asking about beer caught me off guard too. Glad for the explanation!
    I never heard of garage door screens, but they make perfect sense. When I was a girl I claimed a corner of our garage as one of my special summer hang-out spots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a nice hard apple cider once in a while, but I am not a fan of beer, or even wine for that matter. A glass once in a very great while is nice, but not every day and certainly not often. I prefer coffee or iced tea.
      The garage door screens are fabulous. This would make a very nice she-shed if I do say so myself. It's big and roomy, equipped with power, and close to the house. Now all I need is a spot for the "garagy" stuff. LOL! Even if it's just a summer hang-out spot, it's wonderful.

      Delete