Sunday, June 21, 2020

Bits and Pieces

I made it through the weekend without any emotional breakdowns. (I did that on Thursday.) Thankfully, this particular event/anniversary packed weekend doesn't occur every year. Sometimes Father's Day comes a little earlier... The other events remain the same as they are the anniversaries.

I'd talked with my therapist about this particular weekend when I was in the office a week ago and we both agreed that I should seek out some friends to spend time with, so I put an "ad" on Facebook and waited for my friends to respond. LOL!

On Thursday afternoon I met the sister of my friend Shelly. She lives a few miles down the road from my work so finding her was easy. We shared a drink and some lunch and chatted for a couple of hours. It was a good visit. The emotional piece came after my return home when I learned that my Minnesota son and his family had changed their summer plans and there would be no backyard camp out at the end of July. (This situation has since been remedied, much to my relief, but I couldn't stop the tears at the time.)

Friday evening I drove out to Victor, NY to have dinner with my friend Laura. After our cookout we took a ride into Canandaigua for an ice cream cone at the Cheshire Farms Creamery. I had Sea Salt Caramel ice cream. So delicious! We ate our cones in my car and then drove down by the lake. It was a beautiful evening. I didn't get home until around 11 pm. Imagine that!

Saturday afternoon found me driving out to Williamson to find my friend Gail. We've known each other since we were children, but never hung out together. We walked from her cottage at Hollands Cove over to Hugh's Marina and sat on a driftwood log along the lake shore. It was the perfect June day.


On Saturday evening Hannah and Sergio went out to a party and I stayed home with Number Nine. It was an absolutely fabulous evening. We went around the block (his suggestion), watered the flowers (which of course resulted in him getting wet), and he played in a bucket of water out in the driveway. When the water had been dumped twice, we headed inside and he took a shower (with some help, of course).

Today my friend Chris picked me up early and we headed into Rochester to visit the Maplewood Rose Gardens, walk along the river, and visit Brown's Race at the High Falls. Before heading home we stopped at Panera Bread, picked up a lunch, and took it to Webster Park where we ate in her car with a perfect view of Lake Ontario. At home I took a long nap.

It's been a beautiful weekend. I made it though without any major issues. It was perfect.

8 comments:

  1. How good your friends and relatives came through for you, and you made it through and actually had some beautiful adventures. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful weekend with friends, places, good food and drink, and #9 Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned into a wonderful weekend.
      I love you too!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful weekend! Now you have to go to work to get a rest! You certainly have been blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful weekend indeed...
    I love the lilt in your voice and all the happiness spread throughout the time.
    Your friends filled the achy spots and renewed your spirit.
    Love you and how you are growing.
    Don't stop!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is amazing. He comes through in the most wonderful ways. The achy spots were definitely filled.
      Love you too!
      :0)

      Delete