Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Slow Start

I'm starting the year out slow and easy. On the couch, in my jammies, with my favorite blanket. A stiff neck and body aches descended upon me yesterday afternoon, but I didn't realize I might be sick until I couldn't get warm under my covers last night. The backache and severe fatigue I felt when leaving work suddenly made sense and I was relieved I had made my way home instead of heading out to a faraway New Year's Eve party.

Tomorrow morning, sick or not, I will get up and make my way to work, because if I don't I will lose my holiday pay for today and I can't afford that. Either way I'll be alright. My boss knows I'm not feeling good, so there's a good chance I won't have to stay at work for long. (I sent her a text this afternoon.) She didn't make the rules, she only gets to enforce them. I honestly feel kind of bad for her.

Being whole and well before Number 10's Friday night birthday party is the goal. I haven't seen these grandchildren since early November and I miss them.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. I pray that you will be okay by the time the birthday party arrives. I know the flu is going around here and I am trying to keep us well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up feeling whole again this morning and went to work without a problem. So relieved!

      Delete
  2. Praying for a speedy recovery so you can attend that birthday party. The goal of seeing your family will be good medicine for you.
    Hubby woke up this morning with an ugly cold...the first in many, many months...Tis the season...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ugly, birthday cold? Oh, that's no fun! Feel better quick, Dave!

      Delete