Monday, January 13, 2020

Always Good. He is Always Good

I'm not always sure what triggers the tears, or why some days the ache is stronger and deeper. The truth is there are days that go merrily along, and there are days when the gaping hole inside is nagging and raw. Friends have told me the ache will never completely disappear, because deep love leaves deep pain.

Without going into detail, I'll let it be known that I pushed the divorce through. It was incredibly difficult, impossible, and agonizing. I dragged out for two years what could have taken a couple of months. There were no lawyers involved, just a mediator who took us through the process of getting the paperwork ready for the judge, and then submitting the documents. I asked God over and over what to do... To some it would be a no-brainer, but that was not true for me. Every time He answered I questioned Him again.

The Cabinetmaker begged and pleaded, and in any other circumstance I would have stayed, but it isn't my inability or unwillingness to forgive. More than anything I would like to sweep everything away, ignore the immensity, pretend it never was, and sink into denial... but I can't. I can forgive, but I can't sweep it all away, even though I want to.
.
I was approached by an acquaintance not long after I moved out a little over two years ago. She didn't ask what happened or if I was okay. Instead she asked me to check my heart and see if perhaps I was being selfish... She meant well. She couldn't see the agony of my soul. She didn't know me well enough.

The ache won't keep me awake tonight, and tomorrow is a new day. There will be smiles and hugs from the babies and little ones, and I will be okay. I will be more than okay because there is so much for which to be grateful. God is still good and He is still in control. I don't know what the future holds. Perhaps there are unexpected surprises in store. Perhaps that surprise is simply the grace of God carrying me through, giving me strength and providing for all my needs. Maybe it is something bigger than I could ever imagine. Whatever comes, I know He is good. He is always good.

4 comments:

  1. AMEN TO THAT! God is always good. He takes all the broken pieces and makes something beautiful. You being a potter understand that better than most of us. But He is molding and remolding you into just the perfect and beautiful piece He had designed for you at this period of your life. I look at the difficult year we have had with my dearest health issues, wondering if he would be in heaven by now, but God had a better plan...to conform us to His image this all this. And I see that in your life....God will take care of the Cabinet Maker...He love him too. Now that's God's job not yours. You are free to be YOU! Love you like a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning just how much God loves His children, and finding myself amazed at how perfectly He is putting, and has put, all the pieces of my life together. It has been so hard to let go and put my Cabinetmaker into God's hands. My heart hurts for him every day, but you are right, God will take care of him, and our children too, just like He is taking care of me. Yes, I am now free to be me, and I am learning to like who God made me to be.
      I love you too!

      Delete
  2. I have walked in your shoes the the heart breaks but mends itself. The cracks are there and like any scar remain tender to the senses...but..look how far you have come! God bless you- you are on an amazing journey in your own right...and you will be good. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, thank you for your love and encouragement.
      xo :0)

      Delete