Friday, October 18, 2019

Today Was Good

It was a good day.We fudged the menu a smidgen, using up fresh fruit in place of canned fruit we didn't have. The expected delivery truck did not arrive yesterday, and it did not come today either. It is supposed to come the first and third weeks of each month and never on the last week of the month, but guess what? There are five Thursdays this October. What do you bet "The Powers That Be" changed the delivery to next week? This will make next week very interesting as our canned fruit is entirely gone aside from one can of pineapple tidbits. We are not permitted to purchase more and turn in the receipts so it might be an interesting week. Good thing the produce man comes on Monday. Here's hoping he arrives early.

Several rainy days in a row have left us feeling a bit soggy and eager to play outside. The sun was shining bright on the changing leaves as I drove home this afternoon. I longed for a fully charged camera battery, but the one I found in my console today was as dead as the one in my camera. Not to be outdone, I set my mind to take a walk when I got home. First I went inside to see if a small child would like to accompany me. While his daddy took a shower we walked around the block and admired spooky yard decor. He was especially enchanted by the blow-up "mommy" in the neighbor's yard. Ha ha!

Tomorrow is forecast to be cool and mostly sunny. I have an early morning appointment, but no definitive plans following. Perhaps I will find myself a new battery charger for that ramshackle camera of mine. If I time things right, I might even get it charged up in time to capture some of autumn before the trees are naked.

Did I tell you Number 14 is due in April? Beth and Adam got a surprise.
:0)

5 comments:

  1. I must have missed something. Why can't you purchase more fruit before next week?

    LOL about the blow up mommy that your grandson likes.

    Congrats to Beth & Adam. Those surprises are sometimes a very special blessing. xo Diana

    ps-if you have a moment and want to have a bit of fun I have a 'pick your favorite fall table' on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... as far as food orders go, the owner has his own way of doing things. No cash on hand for such purposes.

      Delete
  2. Seems the kids at your school"suffer" a bit at the hands of the owner. It does make you creative though. Anxious to hear how you feed those kiddos on Monday.
    Hope your camera gets working and you can "shoot" some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's these months with five Thursday's that throw things off. Sadly the owner is not aware of the scarcity of cans in my kitchen cabinets.

      Delete
  3. replique fendi chaussures, combinant un style élégant et une technologie de pointe, une variété de styles de pas cher fendi homme chaussures, le pointeur se place entre votre style gustatif exclusif.

    ReplyDelete