Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Little Punkins

I received some fabulous hugs from my little friends today. They fill my cup each morning and I am so blessed to have them in my life. My heart hurts when they are sad, especially when one of them is having a difficult time adjusting. So many little people are hurting deep inside but don't have the words or knowledge to share their pain. Sometimes all they can do is cry, and the best I can do is hold them and tell them they are loved. Putting them down and walking away is hard, but I trust that every little word, every smile I give, and every hug will make a difference. I pray deep down inside they will know and remember they are loved.

Tonight our own little guy was having a rough moment. Mom and Dad had run out for a short bit and he was distressed. Nothing I tried worked, so I put his sweatshirt on him and took him out for a walk around the block.
It was a little after 5 pm and overcast. He rustled through piles of leaves and looked at Halloween decorations. We stopped to chat with out backyard neighbor who has the blowup motorcycle guys and by the time we returned home he had regained his composure.

Our Jack O'Lantern pumpkins were waiting for us in the driveway by the side of the house. Idris helped me unlock the door and we carried those pumpkins inside for a bath in the kitchen sink. When Mommy came home we had fun carving them.  Daddy had to run an errand and missed out on the fun, but there are still two pumpkins waiting for him and mommy.

 I hope one day Idris will look back and enjoy the memories of these days as much as my sisters and I still hold the memories of doing things like this with our parents. I love it all, right down to the smell of the pumpkin with a burning candle inside. All those yummy feelings come rushing back and I am a child again...

2 comments:

  1. I do think Life is all about memories.
    You are chosen to be a comforting lap for those dear little souls.
    Sometimes that's all that's needed..just to know you are loved and things will be better.
    Good for you Martha...for your tender sensitive heart.
    Love the pumpkins and that project reminds me of my Hubby doing that year after year with my boys. Fun messy memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God knew exactly where to put me. He's cool like that. All those little people clamoring for hugs. I could eat them up! Ha ha!
      :0)

      Delete