Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Leaves

Last night James went out to do one of Dad's nursing home services. I stayed home. After talking with my sister for a bit, I decided I needed to do something and went to look for my paints and brushes. Leaves are growing on my wisteria vine. They may be slow to appear, but they are growing!

I must admit, my mind is muddled. I'm not quite sure where I fit in to the picture with my parents. Going back to "normal" feels almost impossible, but they want to give it a try. They don't need us there to help right now. We have been asked not to come, so here I am trying to settle my mind.

I am still in the process of figuring out our school year. Hannah's IHIP's have been written but not put into the mail. Books have been ordered but they haven't arrived. I'm not sure whether I'm looking forward to school or not.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Martha,

    To me, meal preparation is the most challenging thing I face daily. You know what you and other cooks in the family make that are their favorite dishes. Perhaps you and others could take turns just dropping by for a short visit to say "Hi" and drop the food off and out the door you go.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They would love us to visit, but not to stay all day and all night. They just don't feel it's necessary at this time. I will still call often just to see if there is anything they need. I know they won't be upset if you want to be there, they always love to see us. :) I think mom wants help with meals sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your painting is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't feel angry. In some ways I can understand how they would feel. I just wish I did not live 45 minutes away from them.

    Your leaves are turning out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say how eager I am to see how the mural looks when complete.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete