Thursday, September 10, 2009

Facing the Sun

For many days I have seen these giant sunflowers, growing along the road, their faces toward the sun. They have one focus in their short life, to soak up all the sunshine they can. I find it incredible that in the bud stage most sunflowers rotate their faces from east to west, following the sun across the sky, and at night turn back to face the east once more, waiting for the sun to rise again. What an example of how we are to live; facing the Son, following Him through the day, and looking for Him new in the morning...

My days continue to be busy. Hannah and I cleaned out the kitchen cupboard this afternoon, washed every dish, and bleached the shelves. No more mouse remnants. In the process I learned I have too many dishes. Tonight I went grocery shopping and stopped to see Mom and Dad on the way. What an incredible blessing they are to me as they continue to follow Jesus in their twilight years, their faces toward the Son, always trusting and leaning upon Him for strength. I hope one day I can be just like them.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to live your life, Martha....always facing the Son.... I continue to pray for your mom and Dad.


    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. kewl!

    I solved the "too many dishes" problem, I use paper plates unless it's really messy like ... things you have to cut up ... like ... uh ... like steak! Of course steak is so rare in our house so it requires the fine china anyway. :)

    Does your Dad have a hospice nurse that visits them?

    ReplyDelete