Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A-R-I-T-H-M-E-T-I-C

A Rat In The House May Eat The Ice Cream... or maybe a mouse will.
Our cats are not doing their job, or maybe we just have a rather intelligent mouse living in our kitchen. Too bad for him he is not smart enough not to leave evidence scattered around in cabinets and on counter tops. I've given him ample time to move on, but it is apparent his residency is permanent, at least in his opinion. A couple of peanut butter laden mouse traps will be spending the night in our kitchen and maybe tomorrow we will be short mouse or two. (The photo is borrowed. I couldn't kill him if I had to look into his eyes first.)

This morning I woke at 6:30 am, took my shower and found myself presentable when Emma arrived dressed like a princess for her first day of preschool. Bella was every bit as cute. I gave them each a kiss on the forehead before leaving them for the morning and heading over to church for Ladies' prayer. (What a blessing to meet with these precious women.) After picking up my forgotten purse at my parent's house, I headed back to town to retrieve the little girls and bring them home for lunch, some playtime, and a nap. I took a nap too, in James' big chair. When the girls went home, I dragged some long waiting fruit out of the fridge and made a batch of peach jam. Josh came to visit for the evening, and I made a second batch of jam. I just hate to throw all that fruit in the trash can... The laundry is folded and I am exhausted. My bed is calling me and I hear it loud and clear. Tomorrow will be a slower day and maybe we'll have a chance to look at Ben and Hannah's school work while the girls are at school. We can always hope.

If you get a chance, visit my sisters' blogs and leave them a word of encouragement. We are blessed by your kind words and thank God every day for the wonderful parents He blessed us with. We know our time together is growing short, but God is good. He has never left us and we know He never will.

7 comments:

  1. Martha more prayer for a good night's rest and a good day tomorrow.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotcha on the fruit thing. Making mixed berry jam today. And getting a box to send your pickle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Joy. I had a great sleep last night. Only woke up to pray once. :)

    Judi, the jam is packed. Now to dig up my address book...

    PS. We are down one mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - now that is a full day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You are so blessed to go through this full of faith!! It's certainly not an easy time, but God is obviously with you and your parents. Take care, God will continue to bless you mightily!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture reminds me of something...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Nathan, it does me too. I'm sure you are referring to the one of Josh and recalling days when another small boy also wore a bucket on his head.

    ReplyDelete