Monday, September 21, 2009

A Bird in the Hand

I felt the need to get out for a walk yesterday afternoon so we took a ride to Mendon Ponds and hiked the Bird Song Trail. The birds were out today and at least a few were eager for a handout.

There is nothing quite like the feel of tiny claws wrapped about one's finger. Chelsie (Hannah's friend) screamed the first time one landed in her hand. I have become accustomed to the scratchy touch of a chickadee and I no longer duck when they fly straight toward me.

The walk was good for me, a stress reliever of sorts. We stopped to see Mom and Dad on the way home but didn't stay too long, just long enough to let them know we love them and show them my video of the birds eating out of my hand.

A new week is beginning and I have much to do...

8 comments:

  1. Yes Martha, always so much to do. I love that nature is all around you-- how nice. I would bring such peace to my days, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! Just wish they were being friendly when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So do I, Tracy. I can't imagine where they were that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :), this is nice, a good moment goes a long way doesn't it? hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I am impressed. I wish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these photos Martha..and the little video clip..of course most of all..the amazing one of Chip..love it...You certainly have given me many many hours of fantastic reading..I love this section of the internet..and thankyou..thinking of you constantly at this time..sending my love..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Mom. I'm glad you have been stopping by. Wish you lived closer! We could take you out to feed the birds. What fun you would have with the camera!

    ReplyDelete