Monday, September 07, 2009

The Children's Place

It has been an exhausting week. Tomorrow morning a new day will dawn and I will be turning a new corner. "My girls" will arrive earlier than Troy did and so I must rise an hour and a half earlier each morning. It was my plan to hit the sack much earlier than normal, but I'm afraid I don't have a very good start. I'm going into this already tired but God knows and He will provide the strength needed; He always has.

On Wednesday past I had five extra children. We had a great day and it was as if Troy had never left. Still affectionate and loving, I think I miss him more now than I did in May. I hope we have plenty of opportunities to catch up with him throughout the school year. He really is looking forward to riding the bus and going to school with his big brother. Can't say as I blame him.

Tyler, who usually isn't quite sure what to do here, had a wonderful time pushing Lucas around the yard in the stroller. It kept Lucas happy and allowed me to spend a bit of time with Troy, Josh, and Emma. I hadn't known that Ty was so interested in little people and it was nice to see him interact with the baby. Not too many little boys want to hang out with a baby, although mine never seemed to mind.

Of course, Josh thought all the activity was great. He had a wonderful time playing outside with the boys, and riding in and pulling the wagon. Yes, I may be tired, and of course a bit distracted by other happenings, but I am also looking forward to this new adventure. I can even go the Ladies' Prayer tomorrow while the girls attend preschool! I can't wait for that either.

5 comments:

  1. Love and hugs!

    Prayer for strength and comfort and a good week for all.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for a good night's rest for you and strength for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, he will provide. hugs and I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great captures of the children... Josh is getting so big, what a doll.

    Praying for a good week, with some restful nights, and perhaps even a day nap.


    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete