Wednesday, November 26, 2008

See Ya Later Turkey!

This pen was full of fluttering turkeys Sunday afternoon when we came home from church. Today the pen is empty. What ever could have become of all those birds? I snapped the photo back in October when the sun was bright and the days were warm. Wherever those turkeys went, I hope it's warm... with potatoes and cranberry sauce.

Tomorrow is the big day. We'll have a turkey of our own on the table, complete with all the trimmings. I baked three pumpkin pies today and a batch of Boston brown bread. Tomorrow I shall stuff the turkey and pop it into the oven. I am looking forward to a wonderful day surrounded by my family. Mom and Dad will be here and most of our kids. I hope Jim gets a big piece of pumpkin pie tomorrow. He'll be spending Thanksgiving in Minnesota, probably with his friend Dan.

10 comments:

  1. I made 2 pies today...pecan and apple, sausage stuffing for the turkey, and Boston brown bread. Have a great day giving thanks! I'll miss you guys tomorrow. I hope you don't have puzzle piece eating dogs. Koty chewed one piece to ours today, I was so bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a comment and it disapeared...I don't know what I'm doing....anyway, thanks for the heads up about personal information showing up in my photos. I know some people just use their last names, but I am a bit wary of the wierdos out there....and: Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful thanksgiving and enjoy the time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, my friend Martha! I hope you had a great day with your family. We had all our kids (including our new kid Kevin;) and my parents. Such a nice day. Will Jimmy be home for Christmas??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, and what is Boston brown bread that both you and Rachel have made?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather- It's a traditional Thanksgiving thing in our family, and it is delicious. It is a very simple sweet bread with raisins in it, and is baked in cans. My Steven used to call it "cookie with raisins" when he was little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get any pumpkin pie. In fact, I didn't get any pie at all. When you eat Thanksgiving dinner at 7:30 pm, there isn't too much time afterward for pie. I'll have to remember that next year and eat my pie early.

    I am planning on coming home for Christmas. And I miss Boston brown bread. Maybe I have a recipe somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim, there will be pie when you return for Christmas and I am thinking of having a Christmas Eve breakfst too.

    ReplyDelete