Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Have Elected...

In honor of Election day, this morning I elected to go shopping. On the way home I stopped to pick up Troy at preschool. It was a busy place filled with polling booths and voters. It is not my polling place, although it once was. I did not intended to take a nap today but after reading a book to Troy, I could not keep my eyes open. I elected to take a nap. When my small boy left for home I elected to walk back into the orchard and find some of those 20 ounce apples James and I spotted on Sunday. They make great pies and seeing as the trees have already been picked over and abandoned until next year, I elected to redeem some for baking. Hannah was elected to accompany me on my venture. Before supper James, Nathan, and I elected to exercise our right to vote. We stood in line for a short time, chatted with our neighbor, spent a moment behind a short curtain, and returned home to eat. I elected to make spaghetti tonight. When the dishes were done I eleceted to assemble two apple pies and store them away in my freezer until my son returns home for Christmas. The family is watching a DVD. We have elected not to torture ourselves by watching the Presidential Election. Whatever will be, will be.

9 comments:

  1. :), it is 6:41pm and I have elected to put my jammies on and sit in my new recliner and read a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have elected to be depressed while watching the Presidential coverage. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a very powerful woman today:) This was Nate's first election, right? Big deal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has elected to torture us by watching the coverage.

    Whatever the final results, I elect to be on my knees much in prayer for my country.

    Love the picture of you walking with your apples...

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I love all your elections. Sounds like, overall, it was a pretty good day. I only tortured myself for a short while with the coverage and then I elected to go to bed since I could already tell what the outcome would be. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. We elected not to watch the coverage until pretty late, and then we elected to watch very little of it. We elected to watch something that made us laugh instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I elected not to watch the coverage either. I elected to work on some school work and hand it in. Then I elected to read two chapters of a book and write discussion questions for some 5th graders. Shortly after 10:00, I elected to go to bed!!!!!!

    This morning I was up early and making lunches when my daughter got up and said, "Who won?" I had forgotten all about it! I had to turn on my computer to find out for sure...although I was almost certain of the results. Sure enough, I was right.

    Too bad.

    I like Wanda's election!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I'm still watching to see if Norm Coleman can eke out a victory over Al Franken. So far, he's about 600 votes ahead -- out of over 1.2 million.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have elected to sneak into the freezer and help myself to some pie

    ReplyDelete