Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Moving Forward

The elections are over and life goes on. Hopefully things don't change too much in the days to come. I'm not quite sure what change people are looking for and am a bit wary of the change that may be in store.

Josh came to visit today so we took some pictures. This morning we played toys, old toys, because they're the best. I found these two school buses on ebay. I think they're wonderful!

This afternoon we went outside for some fresh air, sunshine, and leaves. We took a walk around the yard and stopped across the street to say hello to "Grandpa Bob".


When we came back Nathan was raking leaves. Josh helped by walking through and sitting in the pile. Of course he had a little help getting in there

Aside from a ball, Josh's favorite thing is sticks. He wants to be a hockey player like his daddy when he grows up so he got in a bit of practice with the leaf rake.

Once in a great while I catch Josh with a smile on his face. He's usually too quick for the camera, but I got him this time.

Oh, and it was great weather for my little sister's fortieth birthday! Hope it was a great one, Rachel!

8 comments:

  1. Awww, he is so cute. :) It looks like he had a great time at Grandma's house today. I'm so glad that we live close enough so he can grow up having you guys around. I don't think I could stand living far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be close to family. I can't imagine my kids growing up without their grandparents around. Josh sure is a cutie!

    I had a nice birthday. We didn't do too much, but I was happy with that. Dave said we could go out for dinner, but for some reason I just didn't feel up to it so I cooked. I know that sounds weird, but... Dave made me a cake and we had our parents over last night. I made mom some gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies so she wouldn't be tempted to have a piece of cake. I have such an awesome family. God has blessed me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness, that last picture is fantastic!! It sounds like you had a very nice day and that Nate had a very good helper:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some times my arms ache I want to hug him so bad! :D He is learning so much, it takes concentration thus the frown? Whatev, it makes the smiles all that more precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The infrequent smiles make them all the more precious. Glad you caught this one to share with us!

    ReplyDelete