Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cold Weather and Josh Can Cook!

The wind was bitterly cold today. Normally I would choose to stay inside my toasty warm house, venturing out only to gather some firewood or perhaps to let Sofie relieve herself, but today was my day to go shopping so out into the cold wind I went. Ben and Hannah came along because, not only do they need socialization (ha ha), but they also enjoy my company. In spite of our dire economy, the parking lots were packed with cars and the stores with people. We made several stops ourselves, nearly every one requiring a long walk from the car to the relative safety of the store. Now, several hours later I am blessed with another case of chapped lips. Such is the joy of the winter wind and the reason I like to take photos from the doors or windows of my house. I would buy myself a ski mask but I don't think any of the banks or stores I frequent would take kindly to my wearing it.

Josh came to play tonight. His mommy and daddy went out shopping together. Josh wandered around the house, called Sofie a kitty, checked out the cupboard doors, and played with some cars. I decided to get the play dishes out of the toy cabinet and Josh and I cooked up a storm! It's never too early to teach a man to cook just in case he moves far away someday and finds himself in need of cullinary skills. Josh is off to a great start and enjoying every minute of it. Grandmanita, you would be proud!

7 comments:

  1. It sure was frigid today. We stayed in all day, although I did take Koty for a short walk so that he didn't drive me crazy to go out all day.

    Very cute video of Josh! Sophie does look very kitty like compared to Josh's dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gmj is very proud of you both! That's the way we started David, and then sat him up on the counter when we cooked.
    do turn on the sound when you check my blog, or scrool down to see what is playing.... Barbara Allen matches the picture don'cha think? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time I'll put pizza in a bowl and try to stir it up with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like Daddy... Likes to make pizza. :) That's what he does at daycare too... He walks around with a bowl and some sort of utensil. I love the video. Thanks Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Martha ~~ I'm so behind in commenting.

    What a darling video.... :)

    ReplyDelete