Friday, November 21, 2008

The Book Drop

A few days ago I was thinking about cleaning out some of my junk. That evening I had an email in my inbox asking if anyone had a specific school math book. I happened to have Saxon Math 76 in my collection and so I emailed back and told the individual they could have mine. Too bad this is the only edition I can't find the test and answers for, but it has inspired me to go through my boxes, sort and toss, and send out a list of what I have to moms who may be looking.

Somehow, in the midst of my book sorting, I also managed to clean out and vacuum inside and under my sectional. It was partly because we needed to change some water in the fish tank but it is another task accomplished none the less. By tomorrow no one will be able to tell it was done, but I know the crumbs and dust bunnies are gone for the moment, and all of Sofie's dog chews have been removed from the dark corners of the sofa where she buried them since the last couch cleaning.

Wonder of wonders, supper is on the stove tonight! Last night I had to pull frozen hamburger patties out of the freezer because I had failed to plan ahead. I also took out a pack of chicken legs which were turned into soup today. It's a cold kind of day, perfect for hot chicken vegetable soup and some bread and peanut butter.

6 comments:

  1. I don't kneed the books, but the soup looks sooo good. What is the green leaf stuff? I love greens in my soups. I love soup, any soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks great! We had the same this week due to the cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green is spinach. Sometimes it is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, Yum I love soup... when it gets cold I think about soup. It been so hot, I've been thinking cold cuts.

    A couple of weeks ago, we had a short cold spell and I made Potato Soup...my family's favorite. My mother's recipe.

    I love adding spinach to things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get rid of books too! I have stacks of library books to return. I have just finished a project- Collection Development of picture books for Marcus Whitman School district. And the first thing I am going to do next week after all my classes are done is CLEAN THE HOUSE! I can't wait!

    The soup looks great!

    ReplyDelete