Sunday, November 09, 2008

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
Psalm 139:13-14

This is my new grandson! The best I can tell this ultrasound photo was taken the first week of August when he was just 20 weeks old. What an incredible picture of this sweet baby! I can hardly wait to meet him, smell his sweet baby smell, and kiss his soft baby head.

Today we had our church baby shower. It was a long and busy day but full of joy and laughter. I was blessed by all the ladies and girls who came to celebrate with Dave and Leta.

We ate lunch together (chili, corn bread, and salad), played some games, and ate cake. It was a Teddy Bear kind of picnic. There were lots of presents, of course, but mostly friends and fellowship. It was a wonderful party. (You did a great job, Bethany!)

13 comments:

  1. Oh what a precious little babe!! I'm so excited for you. These new little blessing we are given make life so much better.

    The Baby Shower looks great. And I love the picture of all of you!

    We are having a Baby Shower for a new little Matthew Nov. 23rd.

    Love and Hugs
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I like the photo of us! Especially how Leta holds Hannah's hand. :) It was a very fun day and I enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is Leta due?What an exciting time!!Looks like Bethany outdid herself!!Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture! I'm always in awe when seeing a wee little one like that. Looks like a fun shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, that's him, come on out! Well when your ready. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet picture! That is incredible.

    Bethany, you really did do a great job on the shower. Such a big undertaking. That is a very nice picture of all of the girls. Martha, do you remember when Leta told you that she wanted to be a Teal. You then asked her which one she wanted to be...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather, I do recall Leta saying she wanted to be a Teal. What a funny thing for me to answer. I don't even remember saying it but it sounds like something I would say. Good thing I have friends to help me remember. I love Leta!

    Steph, she is due Christmas eve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ultrasound picture is so clear!
    Good job Bethany!
    Leta looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Martha, I thought that was such a witty response. Leta does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing is that ultasound picture?? Aren't baby showers fun, especially with fellowship? We had my daughter Susan's (due in Dec.), (my 2nd grandchild) last Sunday, and, yes, the presents are all still in the middle of my livingroom! We don't mind, though, those little baby clothes are way too cute. They'll (the babies) will be here before we know it, and it will seem like we've known them forever. I'm excited for us Grandmothers..
    PS: I love seeing pregnant moms, too, they are beautiful! I wish you all of God's blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl, the photo is amazing and I am in love already! Thank you for your wish for blessings. I wish you well also. I wonder how many grandchildren we will be honored to welcome into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! What a great picture of the baby, they are getting better and better these ultra sound photos.

    ReplyDelete