Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snovember

Old Man Winter has awoken early this year. I rather wish he would go back to bed for another week or so. I mean, I like him around for Christmas and all, but I'm not ready to haul out the snow shovel just yet. Actually, I have much to be thankful for when the cold weather arrives. I have a warm, dry house, an ample supply of firewood on the back porch, and several family members I can send outside to potty the dog for me. I didn't quite make it through my basket of apples this year. First it was too warm for them to keep well on the back porch and now it is too cold. See? They're covered with snow. I think they're frozen. Oh well, I have several jars of applesauce made and stored away. When it runs out there's always Mott's.

Cold weather is also great for doing inside projects. Maybe I will be inspired to get some things made for Christmas. I still have a Nativity to finish (just the wise men) and I would love to paint some puzzles too. Maybe I'll work on some scrapbooks or photo albums. Or... maybe I'll take a nap.

4 comments:

  1. I'm voting for a nap! I'm pooped been to Walmart, Kmart, The mall, Shari's for lunch and now home! Yep, I need the nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote nap too.... chilly weather just calls for a warm fuzzy throw and snuggle up on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter has hit here too, but that just means rain. We'll see how many snow days we get here in the valley this year. I like your pretty snow, but I know that it gets old very quickly.

    ReplyDelete