Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Rainy Kind of Day

... and I will cause showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing.
Ezekiel 34:26

Yesterday was bright and sunny, a great day for walking in the orchard if one doesn't need to stay in the house with small children who are napping...

Today was a dreary rainy day but I had no small children. I decided to go out shopping. On my way to Webster I dropped My Darling off at Dave and Leta's house so he could help Dave with some home repairs. Leta had planned to go shopping too so we went out together (along with Ben and Hannah). It was a nice day in spite of the rain. We enjoyed our time together, returned a few baby things and picked up a crib mattress for the baby. After stops at Walmart, Target, and the bank, we headed for Wegman's to do a bit of grocery shopping.

Tonight I am cookin' up a pot of chili and plan to watch Ben Hur with my family. I think I will plant my rear end on the couch next to My Darling and relax for the evening.

5 comments:

  1. Chili sounds delicious on a day like today, especially yours! We enjoyed burgers with hot sauce at Bill Grays tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili does sound good. You've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Target too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about you today too, Bethany. Someday we'll all have to go out together. (I got Josh some socks.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been watching the weather since we spoke on facebook, snow! Arg, glad you got your wood in. Got any leftover chili? a little smeared on a piece of toast sounds like a great breakfast!

    ReplyDelete