Monday, November 03, 2008

Election Day

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:10-11

I am looking forward to the Presidential election being over. I hate election years. Tomorrow I will go to the fire station and cast my vote. It is my right and my responsibility, but I sure hate the awful stuff that goes along with it and sometimes have to shake my head and wonder at the candidates. The decision was not difficult to make and no amount of campaigning will cause me to change my mind, I just pray that God's will be done and trust Him to take care of the rest. (Okay, I'm still learning the trust part, but I've come a long way.)

10 comments:

  1. you've got a long way to go baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Martha ~~~ are we on the same page. I too will be glad when it is over.

    I voted last week by absentee ballot, and now I pray... and try to remember what I preached a couple of weeks ago in my Sunday Meditation ~~~
    "God is the blessed controller of all things, He is ruler of ruler, and kings of kings!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pic! At last, at long last, your election campaign is drawing to a (thankful!) close. The eyes of the world will be upon America very closely for the next 48 hours....and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! Tomorrow I will go to the public works building and cast my vote. Or actually today since it is 12:04 AM. (I just got home from Buffalo a half an hour ago)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am tired also. As I told Pappy, when this is over, I may need to update my passport. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will vote today, and also will be glad it will be over. I have to admit, I am a little anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Bethany and I will be going to vote together. This is her first presidential vote. Big day! I am a bit nervous, too. Davin wore his "vote now" shirt to school to encourage everyone to vote:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that you in the picture? What an awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine- That's Bethany in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you. Praying too...

    ReplyDelete