Monday, November 10, 2008

A Late Bloomer and Some Birds in a Bush

I was certain all the flowers in my gardens had finished blooming long ago, but it seems a few plants are just as confused with the wacky weather as we are. Hollyhocks usually bloom in July but just the other day I found a couple of smiling flowers outside the door to my husband's shop. A few years back I had roses in the snow so I guess anything is possible.
Not far from the backdoor is a bush full of birds. It is a flowering quince which lost its leaves several weeks back. For some reason the birds find it a perfect gathering spot and often its tiny branches are full of feathered friends. If they are still I hardly notice their presence, but if one is startled the whole bunch takes off toward the barn.
If not for my furry friends, I'd set up some bird feeders and have some fun watching the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment