Saturday, November 08, 2008

Autumn Days

We have had a run of exceptionally good weather this past week. Sunny skies and warm temperatures prevailed making me wonder if it was truly November or if we had actually reverted back to late September. This morning an abundance of fallen leaves covered the ground and my boys were out raking again in the afternoon.

Dry, fallen leaves are wonderful! Not only do they form a gorgeous harvest carpet, but the are great for shuffling through and tossing into the air. They make lovely crinkling, crunching sounds under feet and stick on hair and clothing. We rake them into great fluffly stacks and launch ourselves through the air landing with a "ploof!" on a very soft bed. It's wonderful!
Yes, we have been blessed with an exceptional fall this year. A wonderful season to go out for a ride, wander the orchards, or simply play in the yard. Fall is still my favorite time of the year. I feel must enjoy every minute for I know the snow will soon fly and my auburn world will be traded for one laced in white.

7 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you don't have allergies to mold stuff like dry leaves. :) they are a joy to play in, you family seems to love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but I do have allergies to mold and stuff. Without my Claritin I am a basket case in the fall. I tyoically stay out of the leaf pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my favorite time of year too! We were very blessed with beautiful weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had my grandsons this weekend so didn't have time to check posts.

    The past several post are so good. What a darling couple and family..

    And Josh... Oh my goodness is that little guy growing.

    Love all the leaves.

    LOL:Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah... it was nice weather i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh's vest is adorable!!!!!!!!! I like fall, too. It's so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a rinstorm last night! Not fun and very chilly. I have yet to enjoy the change of color in the leaves. :(

    ReplyDelete