Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fifteen

Happy Birthday to my beautiful boy!

Today is Benjamin's fifteenth birthday. Because he was born on Veteran's Day, he always gets a day off school and a chance to get together with a friend or two. Unfortunately, his mother is a little slow when it comes to planning so, although he has a couple friends coming, I'm not sure exactly what they are going to do.

Ben was born on 11-11 at 11:13 am. The doctor asked me if I could "wait a couple minutes while he got his blue clothes". I figured I had already waited an extra week so what were a couple more minutes going to hurt. Little did I know I would miss the "magic time" by two minutes. I tried with all my might, to the point of my neck being covered with tiny red dots, but he was still two minutes late. To my relief he did not weigh 11 lbs 11 oz, just a healthy 9-12. OUCH!

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ben! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, Ben. I am on Uncle Dave's computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From someone who has delivered an 11 lb 4 oz baby be very thankful he didn't weigh 11 lb 11 oz. Way too big an ouch! LOL

    Great story. Love all the 11's in his b'day. Happy B'day Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous. I really wanted Davin to be born on 11-11, but we missed it by several hours.

    Happy Birthday, Ben!!! I hope you and your friends find something fantastic to do today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He was a nine pound baby! Wow! Happy Birthday to Benjamin! I hope he enjoys his day off and does something fun to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Ben!

    Ouch is right, I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually was hoping that Ben would come on my Birthday, but he had other plans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 15th Birthday Ben!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looked so cute! Nice chubby cheeks! Congratulations from me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blah, blah, blah. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a coincidence that our Benjamins were born on the same dates, 5 years apart...my Ben was born on 11/11/88....he is twenty today. Happy Birthday to your Ben! ( I love the name Benjamin)....(we used to call him Benjamin Bunny)....

    della

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I remember the day he was born.... Happy Birthday Ben! ( And OUCH is what we were all thinking too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling chubby cheeks. Happy Belated Birthday to your Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ms Martha, come visit an old friend on his new blog. signed gmj

    ReplyDelete
  15. golly gosh...I am sooo sorry I was not on here for Bens Birthday...please tell him happy birthday for me...I wish I was there so many times...for so many things..Much Love to you..the family and big hugs and lottsa love and good wishes to Ben..

    ReplyDelete