Monday, January 22, 2007

A Whitened World


It has been a most unusual winter. Not quite three weeks ago I was out walking in the orchard with only a sweatshirt. There were dandelions blooming in the grass and the trees were starting to bud. The flowers in the gardens were pushing their way up into the sunlight and the ducks and geese were swimming on the pond. Then... Old Man Winter blew in and things began to change. We had a couple days of ice followed by gusts of wind and snow, and now those warm sunny days seem a distant memory.
It's time to work on inside projects like scrapbooking, painting and baking. I have spent far fewer hours scrapbooking since I started my blog but I do enjoy looking at our photographs. Baking keeps the kitchen warm and sweet smelling but the goodies are far too tempting and I have such a hard time resisting the urge to eat them. I think I will most likely start on a few painting projects but we'll see. I am slow at getting started.

4 comments: