Tuesday, January 02, 2007

This is January?



I've never experienced a Rochester winter quite like this one. I recall winters with mounds of snow, average snow, and little snow, but never one where so much rain falls and where temperatures are quite so warm. It looks as though Teal Lake may never freeze over. All the ice skaters will be so disappointed! Ah well, at least we didn't spend too much on advertising this year... Seriously, I'm glad it is at least cold enough to keep the water from going stagnant and to be honest, we've only ever skated back there once. Two years ago we had an absolutely gorgeous skating rink for two days. Then it got warm enough to melt the surface and it was never the same. I'm just hopeful that it will one day freeze over again and we can make good use of that silly puddle. For now the ducks are calling it home.


Jasmine is enjoying the warm weather. (I took these pictures a week before Christmas but this is how it looks today too.) The sunshine makes her feel like running and she wants to go in and out of the house constantly. At least she only has three feet to get dirty and only one that she wipes on our clean clothes. (There are advantages to a 3-legged dog.) Right now she's out helping the boys stack wood, just in case winter ever really does arrive.

Well, back to my vacuuming and that cup of coffee I was warming up...

13 comments:

  1. Brian says that it's global warming. He saw it on the news so it must be true.

    I wonder if the New Mexicans believe in global warming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is a three legged dog? I guess one foot less to clean when she comes in with muddy feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is your mediocre winter still green? Mine is dirty and brown. yuk.

    I like Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too much here is green, Kristina, just the grass. It's been wet and above freezing most days so the grass hasn't turned brown yet.

    Thanks, I like Jasmine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian HATES it - Bought a snowboard this year! Not the best of conditions for snowboarding either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just took the dog for a walk and it's quite warm (50's) and sunny. I guess it's supposed to be in the 50's all week. It just doesn't seem like January to me, it's more like April.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you know since you posted this that you are going to get dumped on soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Vicki, I wouldn't be surprised. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get dumped on until March, March is a good month for blizzards.

    ReplyDelete