Friday, January 19, 2007

Looking Back on The Past Year

I've been thinking on my past year of blogging... It's been a journey, an adventure of sorts. I've connected with my own sisters in a completely new way, reconnected with old friends, and made new friends. We've shared photos, met each other's families and even each other's pets. Sometimes we written about subjects as mundane as daily activities or the weather. We've shared bits of history or childhood memories. We've asked questions and given advice. Our connections have been as near as across town and as far reaching as the opposite side of the globe and another hemisphere. We have laughed together and given encouragement, and this week especially, we've cried together. I find myself at a loss for words. How do I send comfort and love to a person known only through the computer? How do I lift those aching souls up in prayer to the Lord? Can I be an encouragement in any small way? I know God works through prayer, I know there is power in His name... but there are those times when the sorrow of life leaves me feeling small and helpless.

Lord, please be with this family who is in the midst of such a terrible loss. Engulf them in your love and give them rest and peace in You. Amen

4 comments:

  1. I agree, today I found myself crying streams of tears for the Klemm family, whom I have never met either. My heart just aches so badly for them. Sometimes it's extremely difficult to understand why God allows certain things to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I have found comfort in ALL the prayers, also in yours! They meant a lot to us and we truly felt them. Without the body of Christ we could not do it. Thank you, you are also sisters in Christ, especially since we know your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your words and prayers will be a comfort even if given from far away. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete