Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Little Bit of Snow













"9:30 am- 25 degrees with a real feel of 5 degrees." (That's from the newspaper online.)


Brrr! Yesterday there was no snow to speak of and this is how it looks outside today. It would be a great day for fun in the snow if the wind wasn't blowing quite so much. We put Troy's snowpants, boots, jacker, hat and gloves on him and ventured outside. We didn't last long. It was too cold for being outside for any length of time. This is a land of extremes, it's either too warm and soggy or too cold and windy. One season makes us thankful for the next.

Today is a good day to throw an extra log on the fire and curl up for an afternoon nap. It's an especially good day for a nap because I didn't sleep much last night. I had a cup of tea after supper and that little bit of extra caffeine did me in. I kept waking up. Another sign that I am getting old, I think. I've also been getting up a bit earlier than usual because Troy's mom is dropping him off mornings this week. (His dad is recovering from surgery.)

I didn't see any ducks or geese out there today. They must be hiding somewhere, trying to get out of the freezing wind. I'll have to look again tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Perhaps the skating rink will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay your turn to pray for us to get snow ;).
    we want some too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Troy is heading for a ride on your tire swing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool...you finally got some snow. Enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is a good day to throw an extra log on the fire and curl up for an afternoon nap.
    That sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i did curl up for a nap....but I have no fireplace.

    cute picture of Troy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had snow here yesterday. Now it is all gone. It was a slow day at work today because our patients always cancel in bad weather.
    (this morning the roads were icy)

    ReplyDelete