Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen for a while so I thought I'd do one today (while it's still Thursday). This is another 13 things about Martha. I'll do my best not to repeat myself but I am getting older...
1. The photo- Maybe this is me, maybe it's not... My dear sister in law, Lori, surprised me several years back and took me to Glamor Shots. (That's where they erase the face you have and draw on a new one.) Voila'! I look like a movie star!
2. My body does not like winter. I try to set my mind to enjoy it but whenever I go out in the cold, the wind saps all the moisture from my face and I end up looking rough and red. Sometimes my fingers turn white and numb. Even ice cream gives me chapped lips.
3. I keep warm in the winter time by hiding a heating pad behind my back while I sit on the couch. Nice and toasty!
4. I like to make (and eat) soup, stew, or chili on cold winter days.
5. I will brave the cold for short periods of time for the sake of a few photographs.
6. When I was a girl, I loved to go ice skating with my friends after school. I don't recall the cold being a hindrance back then. We'd be out for hours and had so much fun.
7. I'm looking forward to doing some painting this winter. If I can ever get the motivation to start something, I might actually get something finished. (Now isn't that profound?)
8. I have gotten into the coffee drinking habit in a whole new way this year. I still prefer French vanilla but now I buy the liquid creamer rather than the powdered coffee mix. I don't drink much tea anymore.
9. I don't get out as much as I used to. (Can you tell?)
10. I sleep on the right side of the bed. (Hey, I get out on that side too!)
11. I don't play any musical instruments and only wish I could sing. At least I'm not tone deaf.
12. I'd like to try writing a children's book some day. I think it would be fun even if I never had it published.
13. I like toasted cheese sandwiches. Almost any kind of cheese will do as long as it's hot and melted.
Ooooo! Cold house! Gotta go feed that woodstove!

7 comments:

  1. I think you'd be great at writing a book! Go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for the Glamour Shot thing I could almost have written this list about myself. The ice cream = chapped lips is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I love chili or hot soup or stew on cold winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband still carries the glamor shot pic in his wallet! what does that say?mmmmmm
    better that than what the guys on the job site carry in theres!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely! The Glamor shots thing is a fun memory but I never would have done it myself. The pictures... funny thing about them, I always think of how caked with makeup my face really was. Lori took a video of the whole process. I was so nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yes I know, I was broke out for atleat two weeks... and I had to have a little tummy warmer before I did mine... in the way of a shot of hosa quervo

    ReplyDelete
  7. T- did you and I have that done the same year? I remember I did it for my 30th birthday and gave the pics for reverse birthday gifts. I had them curl my hair and regretted it later. I didn't look like me.

    ReplyDelete